Minnehaha County, South Dakota
In Applying for Rent and/or Utility Assistance:
If you have been financially impacted during COVID-19, the SD CARES Housing Assistance Program (SDCHAP) may provide temporary housing and/or utility assistance for South Dakota residents. If determined eligible for this federal stimulus assistance, no lien is placed or repayment needed. You can now apply for this assistance through Minnehaha County Human Services.
Start the application process by clicking on the link provided here.
SD Cares Housing Assistance (communityos.org)
• The Human Services Department is available to accept applications for financial assistance Monday through Friday at 7:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on a first come first served basis.
• If possible, we encourage the completion and submission of an on-line application prior to arriving at our office by clicking on the ‘Apply for Assistance’ link below.
• Each unmarried adult in a household is required to complete a separate application.
• When completing an application, you will be able to choose between a phone interview or an office interview.
• If you choose to register for an account on-line, you will be able to save and return to your application process to complete, upload documents or reapply.
• If you request assistance with local Bus Passes ONLY you do not need to complete an application if you have applied for assistance at our office in the past, simply come to the Human Services office and seek assistance at the front desk. If you have not applied at our office before you will need to complete a brief application, and (if able) you can do so by clicking the "Apply for Local Bus Passes Only" link below prior to reporting to the office.
Please contact the Human Service office at 605-367-4217, if you are unable to complete an application due to a visual impairment. Our office will arrange someone to assist you.
Funeral Screening Form (Complete and bring to funeral home if you feel you need County assistance with funeral expenses).
Apply for Local Bus Passes Only
You will need to provide:
•SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS (for all Household Members)
You may be asked to bring additional documents for verification, for example:
•2 MONTHS WORTH OF WAGE VERIFICATION (Pay Stubs)
•OTHER INCOME VERIFICATION (i.e. proof of Child Support, Social Security, TANF, Unemployment, and/or any Tax Refund)
•COPY OF YOUR LEASE & RENT/DEPOSIT AMOUNTS
•LANDLORD’S INFORMATION: Name, Address, Phone Number
•EVICTION NOTICE OR DISCONNECT NOTICE (if Applicable)
•NOTE FROM YOUR DOCTOR IF UNABLE TO WORK
•ANY EXPENSE RECEIPTS (i.e. Medical Bills, Car Repairs, Medications)
|Main County Contact Information
Minnehaha County Commission Office
415 N. Dakota Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
|Terms and Conditions||You Tube Video|
© Copyright 2023 Minnehaha County